The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many unique challenges to Nassau County’s schools. Expenses like new HVAC filters, barriers in classrooms, and enhanced cleaning are among the many other costs that have burdened school budgets. School districts have avenues for grants and reimbursements, but federal funding streams like FEMA or ESSER can be difficult to navigate and cumbersome to administer.
To help school districts make the most of federal dollars, Nassau County will now be providing consulting services, at no cost, to school districts applying for FEMA reimbursements and ARP-ESSER funding.
To assist districts, Nassau has established the following:
- Information webinars and technical assistance available upon request
- Identify technological needs to assist students with digital access issues
- FEMA grant application assistance including
- Request for public assistance,
- Review of documentation,
- FEMA web portal management,
- FEMA & DHSES requests for information
- ARP ESSER application and planning assistance
- Procurement assistance
Nassau County is now accepting applications for the ELC Reopening Schools Program.
For copies of webinars and other related materials, please email NassauSchoolRecoveryResource@nassaucountyny.gov
For questions or assistance, please contact: NassauSchoolRecoveryResource@nassaucountyny.gov, or call 516-281-6144.