COVID-19 Vaccine Information
APPOINTMENT UPDATE, 1/19/21:
Due to a smaller allotment of vaccines received, all appointments at the Department of Health vaccination sites are fully booked for the remainder of the week and we do not anticipate any further appointments will be added until next week. Please check back next week for available appointments.
VACCINE SUPPLY UPDATE:
The Federal Government determines how much vaccine New York State receives, affecting the County’s supply. Nassau County has used 100% of the doses allocated to us and will continue to use every dose as additional supply comes in.
In addition to vaccination centers run by the County’s Department of Health, listed below, vaccines are available at New York State sites which can be accessed through the “Am I Eligible" app.
An appointment is required to be vaccinated at any Department of Health or NYS vaccination center.
SECOND COVID-19 DOSE INFORMATION:
Please be informed that everyone who received their first dose of COVID-19 Vaccination at Nassau Community College (Garden City), Yes We Can Community Center (Westbury) or Union Baptist Church (Hempstead) will receive an email which contains a special LINK to schedule their second dose appointment. Your COVID-19 second dose appointment will take place at the same location where you received your first dose, 28 days after your first dose.
Please continue to check your email for this very important LINK from the Nassau County Department of Health to schedule your second dose appointment. Please be sure to check your spam filters if you do not see the LINK.
This scheduling system is ONLY for individuals that received their first dose of vaccine from the Nassau County Department of Health. If you received your first dose of vaccine from another provider, please contact that provider for scheduling your second dose appointment. If you do not receive the emailed LINK, the information you initially provided may not match our records. If you already received your first dose of vaccine from the Nassau County Department of Health and believe your information should be in our system, please email us at email@example.com and include your first and last name, telephone number, email address, date and location of your first dose.
Individuals being vaccinated MUST produce proof of eligibility.
If an individual is eligible due to their Employment, they must prove they are employed in New York State. Proof may include:
- an employee ID card or badge,
- a letter from an employer, or
- a pay stub.
If an individual is eligible due to their Age, they must produce Proof of Age AND Proof of Residency in New York State. To prove residency, an individual must show:
- One (1) of the following: Landlord’s Statement; Current rent receipt or lease; Mortgage records; or
- Two (2) of the following: Statement from another Individual; Current mail; School records.
To prove Age an individual must show:
- a government-issued ID that includes their date of birth (like a Driver’s License or passport).
Eligibility by Week
Week 1 – 12/14/20
- High-risk hospital staff, affiliates, volunteers and contract staff, following the clinical risk assessment guidance.
Week 2 – 12/21/20
- High-risk hospital staff including State-operated OMH psychiatric centers
- Emergency Medical Services Personnel
- Medical Examiners and Coroners
- Funeral workers who have direct contact with infectious material and bodily fluids
- Health care or other high-risk direct care essential staff working in Long Term Care Facilities and long-term, congregate settings overseen by OPWDD, OMH and OASAS
- Persons living in Long Term Care Facilities and in long-term congregate settings overseen by OPWDD and OMH
Week 3 – 12/28/20
- FQHC staff
- Agency staff and residents in congregate living situations run by the Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) the Office of Mental Health (OMH) and the Office of Addiction Services and Supports (OASAS).
- Urgent Care providers
- Any staff administering COVID-19 Vaccinations
Week 4 – 1/4/21
- All Outpatient/Ambulatory front line, high risk health care providers who provide direct in-person patient care or other staff in a position where they have direct contact with patients, such as receptionists, of any age.
- Home care workers and aides, hospice workers, personal care aides, and consumer-directed personal care workers.
- Staff and residents of nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, and adult care facilities.
Week 5 – 1/11/21
- Teachers and education workers
- First responders (including law enforcement and fire service)
- Public safety workers
- Public transit workers
- People 65 and older
Check if you are eligible to receive the vaccine here
- Click here for appointments at Nassau Community College, Garden City
- Click here for appointments at the Yes We Can Community Center, Westbury
- Click here for appointments at NUMC, East Meadow
- Click here for appointments at Northwell Health Center for Advanced Medicine, Lake Success
- Click here for appointments at 8 Greenfield Road, Syosset
- Click here for appointments at Belmont Park, Elmont
- Click here for appointments at Northwell Health GoHealth, Hewlett
- Click here for appointments at Northwell Health GoHealth, Syosset
- To make an appointment at Jones Beach and other vaccination sites, call the New York State hotline at: 1-833-NYS-4-VAX