Appeals - Vacates
- The respondent must file a Notice of Appeal with Nassau County Traffic & Parking Violations Agency within 30 days of receipt of final disposition.
- The Agency will mail the Notice of Appeal to Appellate Term, 141 Livingston Street, 15th Floor, Brooklyn, New York 11201
- Respondent must order the “Transcript” (minutes) from: TopKey Court Reporting, Inc. at the email email@example.com
- When respondent receives the transcript (minutes) he/she must present them to the Nassau County Traffic & Parking Violations Agency to “settle the minutes”.
- When the minutes are settled, The Nassau County Traffic & Parking Violations Agency will send the entire file to the Appellate Term.
- The Appellate Term will then notify Appellant and Respondent of next steps.
Application to Vacate (Re-Open a case)
If you have pled guilty or had a default conviction issued and would like to apply to the Court to re-open your matter, follow the instructions below.
Each application must include:
- an application fee of One hundred twenty-five dollars ($125) per violation or Notice of Liability and
- a statement as to why your matter should be re-opened, restored to the calendar and scheduled for a hearing.
The statement should include:
1) your defense to the underlying violation (a meritorious defense) and
2) why the violation or Notice of Liability was not timely answered (by the due date)
You will receive a written decision in the mail. If the Court finds in your favor the matter will be restored to the calendar for a later hearing.