The Treasurer’s office will be open at 9:00am until 4:00pm for delinquent tax payments.
Per the Governors Executive Order, the County will not be charging interest and penalties for the second half 2020 school taxes if post marked before July 1, 2020.
For those that have already paid penalty and interest, a refund will be issued to you in the near future. For those that paid with two checks separating the interest and penalties, the check will be returned to you marked void. Payments are currently being posted to your account and will soon reflect paid. If you have not yet paid, and are looking to confirm the amount due, please go to our website at https://lrv.nassaucountyny.gov/.
Checks should be made payable to the Nassau County Treasurer and mailed to 1 West Street Mineola, NY 11501.
The Office of the County Treasurer acts as custodian of all funds belonging to the County or in which the County has an interest, has the primary responsibility for the issuance of all County debt, and invests excess funds as available.
- Processes and distributes payroll, vendor and other checks and payments.
- Collects delinquent taxes.
- Refunds tax certiorari awards and settlements
- Conducts an annual tax lien sale to recoup unpaid taxes owed to the County.
- Responsible for relationships the County maintains with banks, securities firms, and bond rating agencies.
- Issues Certificates of Residence.
The Office of the Treasurer maintains the following information:
- Accounts of all receipts and disbursements.
- Records of all checks and disbursements.
- Records of all debt service payments and debt issued by the County or on the County’s behalf by the Nassau County Interim Finance Authority (NIFA).
- Records of cash, investments and debt of the Nassau County Tobacco Settlement Corporation, for whom the County Treasurer serves as President and Treasurer.
The Office of the Treasurer is organized into four broad units: Debt and Investments, Tax Sale and Records, Tax Certiorari, and Accounting
- Debt and Investments: Responsible for the issuance of all debt, including short-term notes such as revenue anticipation notes, tax anticipation notes and bond anticipation notes. Investment of short-term excess cash is a daily activity.
- Tax Sale and Records: Responsible for the collection of all current and prior year’s delinquent taxes, and the maintenance of official County tax records. Annually in February, a tax lien sale is conducted by auction of uncollected taxes.
- Tax Certiorari: processes all Petitions, Judgments and Small Claims refunds, and ensures payments are made properly.
- Accounting: maintains records of all cash receipts and disbursements of the County, as well as all the debt issued by the County (or on the County’s behalf by NIFA) and the schedule of upcoming debt service payments (principal and interest). This Accounting unit also includes the check-writing and the cashier units. The Check writing unit processes checks and affixes the Treasurer’s signature, seals them and distributes them. The cashier unit handles incoming cash, prepares and records deposits into the accounting system.