Nassau County Legislature unanimously adopted a Resolution (No. 216-2021) on December 30, 2021 to authorize the County Assessor to dispense with the requirement to require renewal applications for homeowners filing for a Low Income Senior Citizens Exemption or a Persons with Disabilities and Limited Incomes Property Tax Exemption that would be applied to the 2022-23 Assessment Roll.
About the Department of Assessment
The Department of Assessment is responsible for developing fair and equitable assessments for all residential and commercial properties in Nassau County on an annual basis. The County’s assessment roll includes over 423,000 properties with a value of $264 billion. It is the second largest assessing entity in the State of New York after New York City.
- Collecting and recording relevant residential, commercial, and industrial property information.
- Validating building permits by confirming all new construction and including the new value on the next assessment roll.
- Maintaining property records and tax maps.
- Answering public inquiries.
- Assisting the public through the Department’s outreach program.
- Processing applications for property tax exemption and the Basic and Enhanced STAR programs for qualifying Nassau County homeowners.
Schedule a Physical Inspection of Your Property
If you would like to schedule a physical inspection of your property, please send an email to email@example.com or a letter to 240 Old Country Road, 4th floor, Mineola, NY 11501. In your correspondence with the Department of Assessment, please include the address of the property you wish to have inspected and your contact information.