- Video - Become a Foster Parent! (30 sec)
- Video - Become a Foster Parent! (60 sec)
Click Here to Download Video - Become a Foster Parent! (30 Sec.)
Click Here to Donwload Video - Become a Foster Parent! (60 Sec)
Nassau NASW 2017 Agency of the Year
Nassau County DSS selected as Nassau NASW 2017 Agency of the Year
Nassau NASW 2017 Public Citizen of the Year
Lynne Campbell selected as Nassau NASW 2017 Public Citizen of the Year
Click a link below for procedures and contacts for filing a complaint with DSS:
English Chinese, Farsi, Haitian Creole, Italian, Korean, and Spanish
Click here to read : Child Welfare—Race Equity: Nassau and Onondaga County Report,
December 2016. Social Work Education Consortium, University at Albany, State University of New York.
The Nassau County Department of Social Services is committed to strengthening and preserving families by providing financial assistance and services to residents of Nassau County in accordance with state and federal regulations and laws. DSS is dedicated to providing quality service and maintaining the dignity and respect of those we serve. Specifically, the Department is responsible for:
- Providing aid to eligible recipients through the Family Assistance, Safety Net, Day Care, Employment, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (formerly called food stamps), Medicaid and Home Energy Assistance Programs.
- Establishing an initial child support obligation of a legally responsible individual through the Family Court, collecting support payments, enforcing and modifying existing support orders.
- Protecting children, adults and families by enforcing the mandates of New York State Social Services Law.
- Providing the Department’s services without regard to age, race, gender, disability, ethnicity, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Welcome to myBenefits!