Board of Elections
The Democratic Presidential Primary is now scheduled for June 23, 2020.
Early voting will be available from June 13, 2020 to June 21, 2020 at the locations listed below. Any registered voter in Nassau County may vote at any of the below locations during the early voting period.
You may now apply for an absentee ballot if you have COVID-19 health concerns.
THERE IS NO NEED TO VISIT THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS TO REGISTER TO VOTE OR TO REQUEST AN ABSENTEE BALLOT. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A REGISTRATION APPLICATION OR ABSENTEE BALLOT APPLICATION AND MAIL IT TO THE BOARD OF ELECTIONS.
To check if you are Registered to Vote, including your Election District Information, Party Affiliation and Voting Location, Click Here.
Board of Elections
The Board of Elections is a New York State mandated agency funded by Nassau County administered by a bipartisan representation of the two major parties in the state; the Republican and Democratic Parties.
- Register voters.
- Conduct Primary, General, and Special elections.
- Canvass election results.
- Certify election winners.
- Maintain registration records for those county residents who file a registration form either by mail or in person.
- Provide registration forms to schools, universities, post offices, libraries, Department of Motor Vehicles, and designated government agencies throughout the county.
To keep records up to date we use:
- Resident information from various sources including the Department of Health.
- Official notifications from other Boards of Elections in the state, and throughout the country.
- The National Change of Address Listing.
From these lists we transfer voters to new addresses, cancel those who have moved out of the county, and every August send registered voters a notice of registration to verify their residence and voting status.
For further information,you may contact us at our offices in Mineola either in-person, by phone, or by fax.
Nassau County Board of Elections
240 Old Country Road (5th Flr)
Mineola, New York 11501
Phone: (516) 571-VOTE (8683)
Fax: (516) 571-2058