ATTENTION SENIOR CITIZENS AND LIMITED DISABILITY EXEMPTION RECIPIENTS
Thanks to a new resolution signed by Nassau County Executive Laura Curran, authorized by Governor Cuomo, all homeowners who received a Senior Citizens and/or Limited Disability property tax exemption in 2020 will automatically receive the exemption for the 2021-2022 tax year. No action is required to renew the exemption, unless the homeowner changed their primary address, added another owner to the deed, transferred the property to a new owner or passed away.
Eligible homeowners can expect to receive the benefits of these exemptions in their school property tax bills to be distributed in fall 2021.
County Executive Laura Curran is committed to making it easier for seniors and disabled residents to receive the property tax relief they deserve throughout the pandemic and beyond.
If you have any questions regarding this update or these exemptions, please contact one of our dedicated customer service representatives at (516) 571-1500 or by email at NCexemptions@nassaucountyny.gov.
- 2019 Changes to Exemptions for Property Owners Age 65 and Over
- Persons with Disabilities and Limited Incomes Partial Property Taxes Exemption Brochure
- Senior Citizens Property Tax Exemption
- Veterans’ Real Property Tax Exemptions
- Volunteer Firefighter and Ambulance Worker Property Tax Exemption
- Exemptions Overview Brochure (English)
- 豁免概述手冊 (Chinese)
- Folleto de resumen de exenciones (Spanish)
- 부동산 세금 면제의 개요 (Korean)
- Panoramica Delle Esenzioni Di Imposte Immobiliari (Italian)