Through the Department of Social Services, child care is provided not only to those on Temporary Assistance, but also to those working families who meet income guidelines for subsidies. Various kinds of child care are available throughout Nassau County. To obtain more information call the Day Care New Applications unit at 516-227-7976.
To obtain free child care resource and referral information please contact the Child Care Council of Nassau County:
If you are a parent who needs free child care resources & referrals, or If you want to find out about all of our other services.
By Telephone: 516-358-9250
Topics of interest to parents:
- LOOKING FOR CARE FOR YOUR CHILD?
- A PARENT'S GUIDE TO CHILD CARE OPTIONS
- KIERAN'S LAW-INFORMATION ABOUT HIRING IN-HOME CHILD CARE
- LOOKING FOR HELP PAYING FOR CHILD CARE?
- DO YOU HAVE A CONCERN ABOUT THE HEALTH OR SAFETY OF A CHILD IN A DAY CARE SETTING?
- ARE YOU INTERESTED IN STARTING A DAY CARE PROGRAM?