On Thursday, October 28, 2010, the Nassau County Planning Commission voted to commence the public comment period on the DRAFT 2010 Nassau County Master Plan. Please take some time to review the draft chapters.
The Planning Commission will be hosting a second public hearing on the draft Plan on February 3, 2011 , beginning at 10:00am. The hearing will take place at the Theodore Roosevelt Executive & Legislative Building (Legislative Chamber), 1550 Franklin Avenue, Mineola, N.Y.
Draft 2010 Master Plan - Chapters
- Introduction (PDF)
- Chapter 1 - People & Housing (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - The Economy: Support and Promote Investment and Job Creation (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Land Use: Sustainable Development (PDF)
- Chapter 4 - Infrastructure: Retrofitting Nassau (PDF)
- Chapter 5 - The Action Plan (PDF)
- The Action Plan Matrix (PDF)
- Appendix A - Downtown Growth Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix B - Downtown Fiscal Impact Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix C - Historic and Cultural Assets (PDF)
View Master Plan comments received thus far.
The 2010 NASSAU COUNTY MASTER PLAN "FORUM FOR YOUNG PEOPLE" took place on July 22, 2009. The event was a huge success with over 200 young people in attendance. Participants were given the opportunity to voice their concerns and perspectives on the future of Nassau County.
The 2010 NASSAU COUNTY MASTER PLAN "2nd PUBLIC WORKSHOP" took place on June 9, 2009. The event, which included more than 200 participants, was truly a great success! Thank you to everyone for attending and providing valuable input into this very important project.
The 2010 NASSAU COUNTY MASTER PLAN "1st PUBLIC WORKSHOP" took place on March 16, 2009. Thank you to everyone for making it a success!