Building and Zoning Permits

Construction On or Near County Roads 
When considering construction on Nassau County-owned roads, it is essential to contact both the municipality within which the property lies and the Nassau County Department of Public Works (DPW).

Also contact DPW regarding sewer use (tapping in), road opening (curb cuts), hauling scavenger waste/wastewater (cesspool), dumpsters placed on County roads, treated water permit, industrial waste discharge into County lines and/or holding areas, and to facilitate the building permit process on County roads.

Zoning & Planning 
The Economic Development Office and the Planning Commission regulate and administer zoning and planning in Nassau County.
Economic Development - (516) 571-0390
Planning Commission - (516) 571-5844

Health Care Facilities 
Certificate of Need (CON) applications are required for all health care facilities that propose construction, acquisition of major medical equipment, changes in ownership and the addition of services.

Construction Licensing FAQs

Subdivision Control Review

Local Permits

The below cities, towns, and villages offer local building permit information online. If your municipality is not listed, refer to our list of all municipalities within Nassau County, and call your city, town or village directly.

Bayville, Village of 
Cedarhurst, Village of 
East Rockaway, Village of 
East Williston, Village of
Farmingdale, Village of
Floral Park, Village of
Flower Hill, Village of
Freeport, Village of
Garden City, Village of
Glen Cove, 
City of 
Great Neck Plaza, Village of
Hempstead, Town of
Hempstead, Village of
Laurel Hollow, Village of
Lawrence, Village of
Long Beach, City of
Lynbrook, Village of
Malverne, Village of
Massapequa Park, Village of 
New Hyde Park, Village of
North Hempstead, Town of
Oyster Bay, Town of 
Plandome, Village of
Roslyn, Village of
Sands Point, Village of
Sea Cliff, Village of
Westbury, Village of