SCAR E-Filing Instructions
THE SCAR FILING PERIOD is April 1, 2021 - April 30, 2021.
All SCAR Petitions are subject to Mandatory E-Filing for Attorneys & filing Agents. Unrepresented litigants are NOT required to e-file OR submit OPT OUT forms.
SCAR E-Filing Instructions To electronically file your SCAR petition, you must obtain a user ID & Password from NYSCEF website:
- Complete & sign your SCAR petition
- Save document as a pdf
- Go to Log-in Start a New Case then Select Case Type *Other Real Property (Select an option): SCAR
- Key in homeowner’s information then proceed to $30.00 payment (AMEX & VISA/MC)
- County Clerk will assign a SCAR number (ER1977xxxx)
- Paper copy must be served on Village/City Attorney & your local school district along with Notice of Commencement Form: https://iappscontent.courts.state.ny.us/NYSCEF/live/forms/notice.of.commencement.pdf.
- County Clerk’s office does NOT require a copy of your E-Filed SCAR petition. County Treasurer’s Office and County Assessor have waived its right to be served