Passport Services

***The Clerk's office does not process adult renewals. 

Renewals are mailed directly to the U.S. State Department***

Camera-Logo ****We take passport photos!!!**** Camera-Logo   

The Nassau County Clerk's Office is designated as an official Passport Acceptance Center by the United States Department of State. Residents can apply for their first-time passport at: 

240 Old Country Road
Room 107
Mineola, NY 11501. 

First-time passport applications are accepted Monday through Friday from 9 am to 3:30 pm 

Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

As of June 1, 2009, the United States Government Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) will require all U.S. citizens traveling by air outside the United States to present a passport or other accepted travel document to enter or re-enter the United States.

U.S. citizens traveling by land or sea to Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean will be required to have a passport, passport card, or other accepted travel document to enter or re-enter the United States. For land and sea travel, children under the age of 16 can still present a birth certificate or other proof of U.S. citizenship.

Special rules apply for students 16 to 18 years of age traveling by land and sea with certain groups.

Passport Services

Complete your passport form easily and correctly using the passport application wizard! The wizard will help you determine if you need form DS-11, DS-82, DS-5504, or DS-4085, help you to complete the form online , estimate your payment, and generate the form for you to print all in one place.

Under Age Passports

As provided by the Code of Federal Regulations Title 22, Section 51.28, and effective February 1, 2008, Children Under Age 16 requires both parents' consent. More importantly, all minors must appear in person when applying for a passport. Find more detailed information about passports for children under age 16 (PDF).

View a complete list of special requirements for children under age 16.

Expedited Passports

Passport processing takes 8-11 weeks. If you need a passport sooner, you may pay for an expedited service ($60) and should expect to receive your passport in 5-7 weeks. There is an additional option for a 1-2 Day Delivery Service ($19.53) for a 1-2 day delivery of an issued passport book from the Department of State to the customer. If your travel requires a passport sooner than two weeks, you must apply in person at a passport agency.  

Applying at a Travel Agency

To apply in person at a passport agency, you must first call to schedule an appointment. The New York Passport Agency appointment number is 877-487-2778. This is an automated appointment system in which you must complete the process in its entirety to ensure that your appointment is confirmed. Expedited service is currently not available for the passport card.

Please note: An application for a passport book and a passport card may be expedited, but the $60 fee will only serve to expedite the book at this time.

*Please bring multiple blank checks and/or money orders.*

 *County Clerk fee can be paid by cash, credit, or check/money order*

More Information Please Visit:

More Information About Applying for a United States Passport

Application for a Passport (Form DS-11) 

Application for a Passport Renewal (Form DS-82)  

For additional Application Forms and Instructions