How do I find out who currently owns a property in Nassau County?

Property information is available online at US Land Records page or come to the County Clerk's Office (Room B-1) to obtain that information. Information cannot be given over the phone or via email.

Where can I obtain a copy of my divorce decree, separation agreement or annulment?

Divorce records are filed at the County Clerk's Office. If you are obtaining documents from an action, you must bring a government issued Photo ID, the Index Number for the action, cash (no bill larger than a $20.00 bill), or Visa/Mastercard (there are fees associated with using Credit Card). If you do not know the Index Number, you can search for free using public computer terminals in the Clerk's office. County Clerk staff is also available to search for the Index Number for a $5.00 fee. Please be aware that only the parties to the action or the attorneys of record can obtain any documents from these actions. The fee for certified copies is $5.00 and $1.25 for each page over four.

If you are unable to come to the office, you can send your request by mail. The form/instructions are located on our Online Forms page under "Divorce Document Mail-In Requisition Form".

I want to add/remove a name on my deed, who do I contact?

Once a deed is on record with the County Clerk it cannot be modified and a new deed must be recorded to change ownership. Please be advised that the Nassau County Clerk's Office has a clerical staff that is unable to assist or advise with the filling out of any documents. If you are in need of assistance you should seek legal advice

Where can I obtain a copy of my deed or mortgage?

The fastest way to obtain this information is to come to the Nassau County Clerk's office here at 240 Old Country Rd, Mineola, NY 11501 with the section, block, and lot of the property. If you want to mail your request download the instructions (PDF). Read the instructions on the form and send in the appropriate fee.

Where can I obtain my Survey, Title Report, or Certificate of Occupancy (C.O.)?

The survey, title report, and certificate of occupancy are not recorded documents therefore, we do not maintain those records. In some instances, your town or incorporated village might have a copy of your survey. An independent company usually does a title report.

How do I get a notary authenticated and then an apostille?

If you need an authentication of a notary public who is qualified in Nassau County, you must bring the document with the original notary stamp and signature on it (copies cannot be authenticated). If in addition to the County Clerk's authentication, you need an apostille, you must contact the NYS Department of State. The NYS Department of State is located in Albany and also has an office in New York City. For more information visit the NYS Department website or call their NYC office at 212-417-5747.

Where can I find a list of foreclosures?

The Nassau County Clerk's Office does not maintain a list of foreclosures. If you would like to research a specific property you may do so using the public access terminals in this office, lower level, B-1.

Who do I contact for information on the Star, Enhanced Star, Veterans Exemptions and property assessment?

Contact the County Assessment Department – Assessor page - 516-571-3442

Where do I obtain a Letter of Conduct?

Contact the Police Department - 516-573-8800

Where can I obtain a Vital Record such a Marriage, Death of Birth Certificate?

The County Clerk's Office does not maintain Marriage, Death or Birth Certificates, except for marriage certificates filed from 1907 - April 29, 1935.

For contact information see the Guide to Obtaining Vital Documents

How can I obtain a Certificate of Residency?

Contact the Nassau County Treasurer Treasurer page - 516-571-2090

Where can I obtain a (criminal) Certificate of Disposition?

Contact Nassau County Criminal Court - 516-493-3710