District 15 - John R. Ferretti Jr.
Upcoming Events :
- Legislative Meeting – Monday, July 23rd, 2018 @ 1:00 PM
- Mobile Office Hours – Thursday, July 19th – 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM – Levittown Public Library – 1 Bluegrass Ln., Levittown
- S.T.O.P Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program – Saturday, July 28th – 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM – Town Parking Field L2 – Division Ave., Levittown
- Property Tax Exemptions Workshop – Thursday, August 16th – 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM – East Meadow Public Library – 1886 Front St., East Meadow
- Property Tax Exemptions Workshop – Friday, Sept. 14th – 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM – Levittown VFW Post 9592 – 55 Hickory Ln., Levittown
- Property Tax Exemptions Workshop – Monday, Sept. 17th – 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM – Wantagh Public Library – 3285 Park Ave., Wantagh
John R. Ferretti Jr., a Republican, is serving in his first term as Nassau County Legislator after winning his election in 2017 by a wide margin, where he represents the 15th legislative district encompassing all of Levittown, Salisbury, and parts of East Meadow, Bethpage, Wantagh and Seaford. John grew up in Levittown and graduated from Division Avenue High School. He obtained a Bachelor’s degree from Hofstra University and a Juris Doctorate from CUNY School of Law. In addition to being licensed to practice law in the State of New York, he is admitted in the Federal Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
John brings a plethora of governmental and private sector experience to the office, including his most recent position as the Nassau County Chief Deputy County Clerk. In that roll, John oversaw over 100 staff members with a $6 million budget and annual revenue collection exceeding $240 million dollars for federal, state, and local governments. John served as liaison to the New York State Land Title Association and assisted in drafting legislation to waive clerk recording fees for victims of Super Storm Sandy.
In November 2016, John was appointed by the Hempstead Town Board to the Hempstead Industrial Development Agency, where he proposed and successfully lobbied for procedural changes to ensure additional transparency and tax savings for the residents of the Town of Hempstead.
John currently practices law as an associate trial attorney with the 40-year-old Mineola based law firm Nicolini, Paradise, Ferretti & Sabella where he specializes in bodily injury, subrogation, no-fault, real estate and zoning and land use law.
John is an active member of the community. He is a member of the Levittown School District P.T.A., Levittown Kiwanis, Levittown Chamber of Commerce, Levittown Knights of Columbus, Irish Americans in Government, Ancient Order of Hibernians, the Nassau County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association and is an associate member of the Fraternal Order of Police, Lodge 69. He is a lector at St. Bernard's Roman Catholic Church and an assistant coach for the Levittown West little league
A lifelong resident of Nassau County, John moved with his parents to Levittown when he was one year old. After graduating Law School, John purchased a home in Levittown where he currently resides with his wife Maryellen and their two children, Johnny and Natalie.