District 17 - Rose Marie Walker
- Legislative Meeting – Monday, July 23rd, 2018 @ 1:00 PM
- Property Tax Exemptions Workshop – Friday, July 27th – 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM – Hicksville Public Library – 169 Jerusalem Ave., Hicksville
- NUMC Mammography Van Screenings – Thursday, August 2th – 8:45 AM to 12:00 Noon – Elsworth W. Allen Park – 45 Motor Ave., Farmingdale
- Property Tax Exemptions Workshop – Friday, August 10th – 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM – Westbury Recreation Center – 348 Post Ave., Westbury
- Property Tax Exemptions Workshop – Wednesday, August 15th – 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM – Farmingdale Public Library – 116 Merritts Rd., Farmingdale
- Property Tax Exemptions Workshop – Friday, Sept. 14th – 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM – Levittown VFW Post 9592 – 55 Hickory Ln., Levittown
- Property Tax Exemptions Workshop – Monday, Sept. 17th – 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM – Wantagh Public Library – 3285 Park Ave., Wantagh
Rose Marie Walker was first elected to represent the 17th Legislative District on November 3, 2009 and was re-elected in 2011, 2013, 2015 and again in 2017 by wide margins. The 17th District encompasses Hicksville, Massapequa, Bethpage, Farmingdale, Seaford, Wantagh and portions of Old Bethpage. She currently serves as the Chair of the Health and Social Services Committee, Vice Chair of the Minority Affairs Committee and as a member of the Veterans and Senior Affairs Committee and Finance Committee.
A lifelong resident of Hicksville, Rose attended both private and parochial schools. She earned a BA in Education from Belmont Abbey/Sacred Heart College in North Carolina. Upon graduation, she worked for the Diocese of Rockville Centre, St. Stephen’s Nursery School in Hicksville, and the Hicksville Union Free School District.
Rose also worked for Family and Children’s Association as a Career Counselor and the Town of Oyster Bay Parks Department.
Prior to her election to the Legislature, Rose served as a Councilwoman in the Town of Oyster Bay from January 2004 through December 2009. While on the Town Board, Rose proposed legislation to create a Veterans Service Division and expanded services and programs for seniors. Rose is proud of the work she has done to protect the environment, expand open space, increase Senior Housing and begin Next Gen housing for our young people.
An active Community member, Rose has served as a trustee on the Board of Education in Hicksville, is a Past President of Dutch Lane PTA, Hicksville Middle School and High School PTSA as well as PTA Council. She is a founding member of the Hicksville Athletic Booster Club, Past President of Holy Family Rosary Society, served on Holy Family Parish Council, and taught confraternity. She is a member of many civic organizations as well as the Hicksville Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary, Hicksville Community Council and Chamber of Commerce, Order Sons of Italy Capt. Kathy Mazza Lodge, and Joseph Barry Columbiettes, Nassau County Vietnam Veterans of America and is Past President of Irish Americans in Government. In addition, she is a founding member of the Bethpage-Central Park Kiwanis Club and a long-standing member of the Hicksville Kiwanis Club. She has also volunteered countless hours at American Cancer Society Relay for Life Events in her district, and on the athletic fields of Hicksville and Nassau County working with PAL Lacrosse, Hicksville Crusader Football, Hicksville Baseball Association and Levittown Red Devil Football.
Rose, and her late husband John, are the proud parents of Rob and his wife Liz, Jen and her husband Keith, Bryan and Kristi and her fiancé Larry. Rose is also the proud grandmother of Aiden John, Alexis Elizabeth, Lucas Eugene and Brady Keith.