SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26th - 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Bethpage High School – 10 Cherry Ave., Bethpage
Legislator Laura Schaefer is joining together with Legislator Rose Marie Walker and the Nassau County Police Department 8th Precinct to host a “Shed the Meds” Drug Take-Back event at Bethpage High School. All residents are invited to help combat abuse and misuse of prescription medications by safely disposing of unwanted, unused and expired medications.
The Drug Take-Back program provides a safe, convenient, and responsible way to dispose of prescription drugs, while also educating the community about the potential for abuse of medications. Additionally, the event helps the environment by discouraging people from using the typical disposal method, flushing unused pills or dumping them in the solid waste stream. This event is open to residents of all communities.
We hope you will join us to fight Prescription Drug Abuse and Misuse. Let’s work together to combat this issue. The more educated we become, the better we can protect our children.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DISPOSING OF MEDICATIONS:
- Keep all medications in the original container
- Block out name on container for anonymity
- Do not cross out medication information
- Illegal drugs may also be dropped off anonymously
- Syringes and sharps will be accepted
- Thermometers, IV bags, chemo drugs or liquid medications will not be accepted
For more information, please contact Legislator Schaefer’s office at:
516-571-6214 - email@example.com