Water Supply Engineering

  1. translate_icon

Water Supply Engineering

Does any agency approve water supply construction work?

Yes. The individual water suppliers, which are proposing any major work, must submit engineering plans through their consultant for plan review and approval by the Department.

Is there any kind of testing of the water when construction work is completed?

Yes. At the completion of any major work, water samples are collected and tested by a State approved laboratory. These results are submitted to the Department prior to any approval for use.

I am doing work at my home. Do I need to submit engineering plans in order to move my water service line?

This action does not require a plan submittal to the Health Department, but you must contact your water supplier for their approval.

Is more information available?

More information regarding the review and approval of new or modified water supply facilities may be obtained by contacting the Office of Water Supply Engineering at (516) 227-9672.