The Transit Division is responsible for the administration of Federal Transit Administration (FTA) grants that are used to fund Nassau Inter-County Express (NICE) capital projects. Nassau County owns the buses and facilities of NICE and is responsible for the oversight of FTA grants related to the bus system.
The county is responsible for providing the local match for capital transportation grants (i.e., bus purchases, facility improvements, equipment, etc.) through its capital project budget process. As part of the federal requirements, the Transit Division ensures that FTA funded projects are in compliance with all FTA requirements.
View or download the Guidelines for Procurements Funded with Federal Transit Administration Funds (PDF).
- Aviso Publico Notificacion FTA Fondos - 2020
- Public Notice for Grant Application for FTA Funds - 2020
- Propuesto Programa de Proyectos 2020
- Proposed Program of Projects 2020
- Proposed Program of Project 2019 (PDF)
- Propuesto Programa de Proyectos 2019 (PDF)
- Public Notice for Grant Application for FTA Funds 2019 (PDF)
- Adviso Publico Notificacion FTA Fondos 2019 (PDF)
- Notice Of Meeting-June 22, 2017 (PDF)
- Notice Of Meetings (PDF)
- Notice Of Meeting June 23, 2016 (PDF)
- Notice Of Meeting September 28, 2017 (PDF)
- Agenda September 28, 2017 (PDF)
- Agenda June 22,2017 (PDF)
- Agenda 4PM 3-30-17 (PDF)
- Agenda 3PM 2-6-17 (PDF)
- Agenda 6PM 2-6-17 (PDF)
For more information on any of our services, please email us.