Rifle & Pistol Range
Closures and Hours
Call: 516-572-0420 for Summer Hours and Closures
The range received an extensive renovation over the summer of 2005 that included lead removal from the ranges and the addition of a new roof and additional parking.
- The only indoor range in Nassau County open to the public
- Excellent lighting and air system to ensure a safe shooting environment
- The range accommodates rifles, shotguns, and handguns
- Each range is 30 yards in length w/target holder that can be from 3 to 90 feet
- Plenty of free parking
- The range is available for use by certified clubs
- The range has NRA certified instructors
- The range does not rent any guns
- Black powder firearms permitted
No membership fee is required, but daily admission fees are charged. View Leisure Pass information.
Daily Admission Fees
Resident Adult (17&over) w/leisure pass
Resident youth (12-16) w/leisure pass
Non-Resident or Resident wo/leisure pass
Non Resident youth
$10 Resident Senior (60+) w/ leisure pass
$4 Resident Volunteer FF, EMS, Aux Pol,Phys challenged w/leisure pass
$4 All $4 fees are per person M-F before 6PM
Leisure pass required for all resident discounts rates (No exceptions)
Nassau County Veterans, one time leisure pass fee, and $4.00 all the timeHours of Operation
Monday -Friday 8am-9pmSaturday and Sunday 9am-7pm
July 6th – Aug 30th S/S/M/T/W regular hours. Th/F last sign in is 2:30 pm
Last booking one hour prior to closing
* Shotguns are Slugs only.
Nassau County Dept of Parks,Recreation, and Museums
Laura Curran, County Executive
Because the facility is heavily utilized by a variety of law enforcement agencies, we strongly suggest that members of the general public call ahead of time to ensure that ranges are available.
No Gun Rental
Please note that the Nassau County Rifle and Pistol Range does not rent guns.
Nassau County Range Regulations:
- The first rule or the range is Safety, any person who conducts him/herself in an unsafe manner or violates any rules will be subject to immediate expulsion from the facility.
- Only persons using a firearm are permitted downrange(as defined by range personnel) NO SPECTATORS
- Firing points may not be changed without the permission of a Range Officer
- All uncased or exposed firearms are to be pointed up, UNLOADED,action open and placed in rack while in lobby area.
- Pistol Permit holders SHALL NOT allow the use of their pistol by another permit holder. AND NO ONE CAN SHOOT A HANDGUN WITHOUT A LICENSE.NO EXCEPTIONS
- All uncased firearms will be carried in a safe manner, unloaded, with the actions open.
- All firearms not in use must be made safe,unloaded,actions open, and placed in rack or cased at shooting points
- A command of CEASE FIRE must be obeyed instantly. During a CEASE FIRE ALL FIREARMS must be made safe, mags out, actions open.NO ONE TOUCHES A FIREARM DURING A CEASE FIRE
- All firearms must be pointed downrange when at assigned point (firing line)ALL FIREARMS ARE CASED AND UNCASED AT YOUR ASSIGNED POINT ONLY< with muzzle pointed downrange
- NO RAPID OR CROSS FIRING Rifles may be loaded with 5 rounds max in a magazine, pistols can be fully loaded ( for now)
- NO one is permitted in front of the firing line
- Only Targets approved by Range personnel will be permitted
- 17 year olds must be accompanied by an adult 21 or over
- No one under 12 is permitted in the range, and then with the proper paperwork
- No smoking anywhere in the building
- NO EATING OR DRINKING DOWNRANGE
- Persons ages 12-16 may fire a .22 small bore rifle only and only under the following conditions;
- A- Be supervised by;
- -A parent or guardian who has in his possession a New York State Hunters Safety Certificate-
- -A duly commissioned officer of the United States Army,Navy,Marine Corp,Coast Guard, or NY National Guard.
- -A duly qualified adult citizen of the United States Army who has been granted a certificate as an instructor in Rifle issued by the United States Army,Navy,Marine Corp,or the Adjutant General of the US or by the National Rifle Association
- B- Present a photo ID and an official proof of age document with a raised seal
NY SAFE ACT
Secure Ammunition and Firearm Enforcement act
As of April 15th 2014 the Safe Act is in full effect. All firearms that fall under the safe act must be registered or made compliant. Any violation will result in loss of range privileges.
No Open toed shoes allowed, closed shoes only,
No phones, cameras or videos are to be used in the ranges
and The range does not rent any firearms.