Bay Park has been in the Nassau County park system since 1947 and is located in the southwest corner of the county, in East Rockaway. This 96-acre park offers the following activities:
- Two lighted tennis courts;
- Two lighted basketball courts.
- Athletic fields, including one multi purpose (lighted) and one turf hardball/soccer field. Football, lacrosse, baseball and rugby are played on the multi-purpose turf fields as well. All sports fields require permits (Leisure Pass required).
- Bicycle and running paths.
- Two hand ball courts - No fee or leisure pass required. (All lighted)
- A beautiful picnic area and group area on Hewlett Bay are available; the group area includes a fee and requires a Leisure Pass and advance reservation in person beginning April 5, 2021 (571-7245).
- A new and large playground offers various activities, including a spray pool, and lots of room for running and jumping.
- A 9-hole, par-30 golf course is open between March and December. The course is 1,956 yards, with holes ranging from 130 yards to 352 yards. There is also a putting green. Call 571-7242 for reservations and waiting times. Learn about Nassau County Golf.
Fishing and boating:
- A fishing dock is open year-round (weather permitting), along with a transient sailboat launch and launch ramp (three-slip boat ramp); Leisure Pass and permit required. Call 571-7245 for information.
- Bay Park is a South Shore Blueway Trail launch/landing location, offering water access to non-motorized boaters. For more information, click: http://southshoreblueway.com
- A dog run includes separate areas for big and small dogs and is located on the east side of the park by the ball fields. Dogs are allowed only in dog runs or paths specifically designated by Parks Commissioner. Dog run is open 8am to dusk, year round.
- A community room is available for a fee. Leisure pass required
To reach Bay Park, take Southern State Parkway to Exit 17/Hempstead Avenue South. Take Hempstead Avenue to fork (Ocean Avenue). Take left on fork (Ocean Avenue) through Lynbrook and East Rockaway to Main Street (follow park signs). Make a left onto Front Street. Make a Right onto Althouse Avenue. Make a left onto First and follow to park or go straight into the park (lighted fields).