Bay Park has been in the Nassau County park system since 1947 and is located in the southwest corner of the county, in East Rockaway. This 96-acre park offers the following activities:
- There are two lighted tennis courts;
- and two lighted basketball courts.
- Athletic fields include one softball turf field (lighted) and one turf hardball field. Soccer, football, lacrosse, baseball and rugby are played on the multi-sport turf fields. All sports fields require permits (Leisure Pass required).
- There are bicycle and running paths.
- 2 Paddle ball courts - No fee or leisure pass required. (All lighted)
- Roller Rink- closed for rennovations.
- A beautiful picnic area and group area on Hewlett Bay are available; the group area includes a fee and requires a Leisure Pass and advance reservation (571-7245). For more information, see "News & Events".
- A new and large playground offers various activities, including a spray pool, and lots of room for running and jumping.
Golf: (Temporary Closed)
- A 9-hole, par-30 golf course is open between March and December. The course is 1,956 yards, with holes ranging from 130 yards to 352 yards. There is also a putting green and a clubhouse. Call 571-7242 for reservations and waiting times. Learn about Nassau County Golf.
Fishing and boating:
- A fishing dock is open year-round (weather permitting), along with a transient sailboat launch and launch ramp (three-slip boat ramp; Leisure Pass and permit required). Call 571-7245 for information.
- A dog run includes separate areas for big and small dogs; it is located on the east side of the park by the ballfields. Please note that dogs are not allowed in any County parks or preserves, with the exception of the dog runs. Or paths designated by commissioner of parks.
- Month of Jan: 8am - 5pm
- Month of Feb: 8am - 5pm
- March-December: 8am - Dusk
- A bocci court and horseshoe pit are available.
Camps, daycare centers, church groups, etc. have additional requirements for pool visits. Click on the link below for more information:
camps, groups, and organizations
To reach Bay Park, take Southern State Parkway to Exit 17/Hempstead Avenue South. Take Hempstead Avenue to fork (Ocean Avenue). Take left on fork (Ocean Avenue) through Lynbrook and East Rockaway to Main Street (follow park signs). Make a left onto Front Street. Make a Right onto Althouse Avenue. Make a left onto First and follow to park or go straight into the park (lighted fields).