North Woodmere Park
North Woodmere Park
NORTH WOODMERE, LOCATED NEAR THE WATER IN THE SOUTHWEST PART OF NASSAU COUNTY, has been part of the county park system since 1965 and is a large and busy site with a range of activities. At the time of its construction, the park "filled the need for a major recreational facility in the sourthwest sector of the County," according to a Parks Department annual report at that time.
- There are 10 tennis courts that are lighted in season (Leisure Pass and fee required);
- six lighted handball/paddleball courts;
- and two lighted basketball courts.
- Athletic fields include two lighted softball fields and one lighted baseball field (permit required).
- Football and soccer are also played at the park. (permit required)
- Cross-country skiing is available, weather permitting.
- A state-of-the-art playground is a popular attraction, with separate sections for different age groups, and a spray pool area.
- There are unreserved and reserved (Leisure Pass and fee required) picnic areas, which include barbecue equipment. For more information see "News & Events".
- A swimming complex (571- 7800; Leisure Pass and fee required) includes an Olympic-sized pool, a diving pool with boards, a water slide, and three pools for youngsters (a wading pool, a training pool, and an interactive water-play area). Swimming lessons are also available (fee).
- The pool complex includes various conveniences, such as lockers, dressing areas, showers, a concession stand, lounge and deck chairs, and a sun shelter.
- Hours: Monday- Friday 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.; Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. (& Holidays)
- Fees (daily): resident adult, $9; resident child (4-17 years of age), $6; resident senior, disabled, vol. firefighter, ambulance corps auxiliary police, veterans, $5; non-resident adult , $25, non-resident child guest, $20. Family ($265), individual ($110) and senior ($60) memberships are also available. A Leisure Pass is required for residents to receive the resident rate.
- The shorefront at the park is ideal for fishing and crabbing.
- A community room is available for nonprofit groups (Leisure Pass, insurance and reservations required).
Camps, daycare centers, church groups, etc. have additional requirements for pool visits. Click on the link below for more information:
camps, groups, and organizations
To reach North Woodmere Park, take Belt Parkway to Rockaway Boulevard. Take Rockaway Blvd. (Turnpike) to Peninsula Boulevard. Make left onto Peninsula Boulevard and take to Branch Boulevard. Make a left on Branch and follow it around to the right. Just after it turns right the park entrance is on the left.