North Woodmere Park
North Woodmere Park
750 Hungry Harbor Road
North Woodmere, NY 11581 526 571-7800
NORTH WOODMERE, located near the water, has been part of the county park system since 1965 and is a large and busy site with a range of activities. At the time of its construction, the park "filled the need for a major recreational facility in the southwest sector of the County," according to a Parks Department annual report at that time.
- Ten tennis courts (Lighted, Leisure Pass and fee required in season)
- Six lighted handball/paddleball courts
- Two lighted basketball courts
- Two lighted softball fields and one lighted baseball field (Leisure Pass, permit and fee required).
- Football and soccer fields (Leisure Pass, permit and fee required)
- Cross-country skiing permitted in appropriate weather
- A state-of-the-art playground offers separate sections for different age groups, and a spray pool area.
- There are reserved picnic areas (Leisure Pass and fee required). Reserve in person beginning April 4, 2022. There is one unreserved picnic area, first come first served
Nassau Residents only
- Pool Hours: Monday-Friday; 11am-1pm: Outside Camps and Lap Swimmers Only; 1pm-7pm: Nassau County Residents only Saturday, Sunday, Holiday: 10am-6pm: Nassau County residents only
- A swimming complex (Leisure Pass and fee required) includes an Olympic-sized pool, a diving pool, a water slide, and three pools for youngsters (a wading pool, a training pool, and an interactive water-play area). Swimming lessons are also available (fee).
- The pool complex includes various conveniences, such as lockers, dressing areas, showers, a concession stand, lounge and deck chairs, and a sun shelter.
|Daily Admission- (Adult with Leisure Pass)||$10.00|
|Daily Admission- (Adult without Leisure Pass)||$25.00|
|Daily Admission- (Child with Leisure Pass)||$6.00|
|Daily Admission- (Child without Leisure Pass)||$20.00|
|Daily Admission- (Resident Senior, volunteer firefighter, volunteer ambulance corps, police auxiliary units, persons with disabilities and veterans with Leisure Pass)|
|Family Pool Membership with Leisure Pass||$310.00|
|Individual Pool Membership with Leisure Pass||$125.00|
|Senior Pool Membership with Leisure Pass||$69.00|
- The shorefront at the park is ideal for fishing and crabbing.
- A community room is available (Leisure Pass, insurance and reservations required).
To reach North Woodmere Park, take Belt Parkway to Rockaway Boulevard. Take Rockaway Blvd. (Turnpike) to Peninsula Boulevard. Make left onto Peninsula Boulevard and take to Branch Boulevard. Make a left on Branch and follow it around to the right. Just after it turns right the park entrance is on the left.