Cedar Creek Park
Cedar Creek Park
3340 Merrick Road, Seaford NY 11783 516-571-7470
Cedar Creek Park has been part of the Nassau County park system since 1975 and is located in the southeast part of Nassau County, in Seaford. This 259-acre park offers the following:
- Eight handball/paddleball courts.
- Three basketball courts.
- Athletic fields including two softball fields, two turf multipurpose fields and one grass multipurpose field (Leisure Pass, insurance and permit, and fee required)
- There are paths that can be used for walking, jogging, and bicycling.
- In December 2006, the playground at Cedar Creek was named "Best Playground of Long Island" by the Long Press, a weekly newspaper. Previously, the playground was judged by News 12 Long Island viewers as the best on Long Island.
- An unreserved picnic area is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Three reserved picnic areas can accommodate 100 people (Leisure Pass and fee required). In-person reservations will begin on April 4, 2022.
- A roller rink is open year-round, weather permitting.
- A dog run includes separate areas for big and small dogs; it is located in parking field # 7. Please note that dogs are not allowed in any County parks or preserves, with the exception of the dog runs.
- There is a regulation-sized archery range (varies from 25 to 100 yards) open to the public, dawn to sunset seven days a week, year-round. Archers must bring their own equipment.
- An aerodrome field; designed for radio-controlled model airplane hobbyists, is available and regularly hosts model-aircraft shows. An "Academy of Aeronautics" card is required for a permit (call 571-7470).
- Entrance to Bicycle Path to Jones Beach & Tobay Beach.
Take the Southern State Parkway to Exit 27 South (Wantagh Parkway). Exit off the Wantagh Parkway at W6 (Merrick Road East). Continue down Merrick Road for approximately half-mile and look for the park entrance on your right.