GRANT PARK, PART OF THE NASSAU COUNTY PARK system since 1955, is locatedin the southwest part of the county. A complete recreational and sports complex is sitting on 35 acres in Hewlett, Long Island.
There are three state of the art turfed baseball fields that are totally enclosed and convertible for both little league and girls softball. Surrounding these fields are plaza - like walkways making easy accessibility to a new play area, gazebo and restrooms. Also resting in the rear of this complex is an adult workout area with five stations (including rowing, skiing and step climbing). All this and the remaining park we’ve enjoyed for years. Adjacent to the fields there is tennis, paddleball, handball and basketball courts. There are two picnic areas. One is fully shaded and complete with horseshoe pits. The other picnic area is lakeside next to our large playground and spray pool. Enjoy a day fishing in the lake or jogging and walking the pathway lined with spacious benches surrounded by trees. All this and we have a roller rink. Saturday and Sunday sessions, bring your own skates. In the winter it converts to an ice rink.
So please come and enjoy the best kept secret on the south shore.
- There are paths for joggers, bicyclists and for strolling.
|Children enjoy the spray pool at Grant Park.|
Day Session #1 Session #2 Session #3 Session #4
Monday 1:15pm – 3:15pm - - Tuesday 1:15pm – 3:15pm - - Wednesday 10:30am - 12:30pm 1:15pm - 3:15pm - Thursday 10:30am - 12:30pm 1:15pm - 3:15pm - Friday 1:15pm - 3:15pm 4:00pm - 6:00pm 7:00pm - 9:00pm Saturday 10:30am - 12:30pm 1:15pm - 3:15pm 4:00pm - 9:00pm 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday 10:30am - 12:30pm 1:15pm - 3:15pm 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Skating lessons, ice charters for groups, hockey game rentals and private rentals are also available.
- Fees (daily): Resident adult with Leisure Pass, $8; resident teenager 13-17 years of age with Leisure Pass, $6; resident child 12 and under accompanied by adult with Leisure Pass, $6; senior, disabled, vol. firefighter, ambulance corps, auxiliary police, veterans with Leisure Pass, $4; adult without Leisure Pass, $22, child without Leisure Pass, $15. Skate rentals are available for $5.
- Public Session Admission ( Subject to Change) : Resident Senior, Volunteer Firefighter, Volunteer ambulance corps, police Auxiliary units, person with disabilities and veterans $5.00
- Click Here for Public Skate Hours
- Click Here for Open Hockey AND Puck Shoot
- The lake at Grant Park is open for fishing; visitors can also take a pleasant walk or jog around the lake, on a concrete path.
To reach Grant Park, take the Southern State Parkway to Exit 19 South (Peninsula Boulevard). Continue down Peninsula Boulevard for approximately 5 miles, through Rockville Centre and Lynbrook (approximately 1 mile past Sunrise Highway) to Rockaway Avenue (sign says Grant Park left). Make a left turn onto Rockaway Avenue and follow the road around to the traffic light on Broadway. Go past that light onto Sheridan Avenue. Park entrance will be on the right just past the police station.