COVID IS STILL A RISK. Wear a Mask. Socially Distance.
Nickerson Beach Updates
For more information, call 516-571-7700 or email: Nickersonbeachstaff@nassaucountyny.gov
Nassau County’s Nickerson Beach in Lido is open from 9am to dusk. No lifeguards are on duty and swimming is prohibited.
For real-time updates, visit: www.facebook.com/nassaucountyparks
April 2, 2021
Nassau County Parks Department 2021 Amended Guest Policy at Nickerson Beach.
1) There will only be one entrance point at each cabana terrace.
2) The maximum ten guest policy remains in effect at all times at your cabana. Departing guests must inform Parks staff at the entrance/exit so others can enter.
3) No guests will be admitted to the cabana once the maximum of ten guests are present until one or more guests leave for that day.
4) The cabana holder on record does not need to be present to allow guests usage of the cabana but will be held liable for any damaged property, personal injury or altercations.
5) Upon arrival at the cabana terrace entrances, the cabana letter and number must be given to a parks staff member along with the number of guests
6) Children under the age of 4 do not count towards maximum guest count.
7) If at any time a Parks staff member determines that is becoming unsafe, Parks reserves the right to direct any or all members of your party to exit the premises
8) Each guest will receive a bracelet when entering and must discard that bracelet when exiting for day.
COVID regulations apply, such as social distancing and mask wearing when moving to and from your Cabana. It is also important for the Cabana holder to keep track of those who are visiting their cabana in case of the necessity to impose Contact Tracing.
If you’d like to reverse your deferment you have until April 10th to notify us via email email@example.com ..
Payment is due in full by April 10th. If you wish to keep your deferment nothing else is needed.
2021 Nickerson Beach Policy
To All Cabana and Cabinette holders of Nickerson Beach Park,
Please find below the update on the occupancy of Cabanas during the 2021 summer season:
- Moving In day is May 28th.
- A maximum of 10 persons will be allowed to visit your designated cabana at one time.
- All persons entering the cabana terrace entrances will be checked in under the name of the Cabana or Cabinette holder on file and leisure pass as ID for each cabana .
- As you and your guests are checked in, a wrist bracelet will be issued and secured to everyone’s wrist where the count per cabana will not exceed 10 bracelets daily.
During this season you will be able to congregate in the sand area in front of your cabana HOWEVER there are some regulations that must be adhered to:
- While congregating in cabana area we ask that you stay only with your guests.
- While congregating in the sand outside your cabana please stay 6 feet away from other guests in other cabanas.
- When social distancing isn’t possible a mask must be worn, and Nassau County Parks employees reserve the right to decide whether a situation of spacing becomes unsafe.
- The cabana terrace areas will be subject to a capacity limit determined by NY State. Presently the limit is ten (10).
- When walking to and from your cabana Masks must always be worn ie: to the pool, beach, grills, restroom, playground ….
- Each cabana holder will receive 6 pool bracelets. You must be wearing a wrist pool bracelet in order to enter the pool.
- The Nassau County Board of Health dictates the number of swimmers allowed on the pool deck. Based on their restrictions there may be staggered times if the pools capacity is met.
- Parking limits and fees will be in effect.
- If you choose to keep your deferment of 2021, no action needs to be taken. We will hold your place for 2022 season. This will be the last season for deferment.
If you decide that you would like to reverse your deferment you must decide and pay by April 10th. Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that your deferment be reversed for 2021 by April . Please wait for a confirmation email which will direct you to call in with your payment for the 2021 season. Once payment is made, we will set up a date for you to pick up your pool passes and cabana/cabinette lock. Please be patient for the notice of confirmation. We will do our best to get back in contact with you within a few business days.
Commissioner of Parks ,Recreation & Museums
Updates on County Parks, Recreation and Museums
All Nassau County parks and preserves, including golf courses and driving ranges are OPEN, as are tennis, paddleball and handball courts, bocce ball and lawn bowling facilities.
Also OPEN are playgrounds, dog parks, rifle range and RV campgrounds at Battle Row. You can apply for picnic permits and Leisure Passes at the administration building located in each park. Based on the New York State guidelines, gatherings of 50 or less are permitted for picnics. Usage of park facilities are subject to changes and cancellations based on New York State directives.
- Baseball and Softball fields throughout County Parks are open
- Basketball courts throughout County Parks – Please follow NY State guidance posted on all courts.
- Nine-hole golf courses at Bay Park, Morley, N. Woodmere, Cantiague Parks are open. Call course for operating days and times
- All athletic league fields are open for play, except contact lacrosse, contact football and rugby.
Stay Safe and enjoy your Nassau County Parks!