PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT "ALL BALL-FIELDS, DOG-PARKS AND TENNIS COURTS" ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED STARTING TODAY MARCH 21ST AT 10:00 AM
|The large and beautiful Veterans Memorial honors Americans who have served the country in war.|
A 930-ACRE OASIS OF OPEN SPACE AND RECREATION in the heart of NassauCounty, Eisenhower Park is one of the largest public spaces in the New York metropolitan area – larger, in fact, than Central Park.The park offers a full range of athletic and family activities, including one of the finest swimming facilities in the U.S., a major golf facility, dozens of athletic fields and courts, picnic areas, summertime entertainment, playgrounds, fitness trails and more.
Park Closes at DUSK except where designated by the Parks Commissioners
The park was rededicated on October 13, 1969, as the Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Park at a ceremony attended by the 34th President’s grandson, Dwight D. Eisenhower II, and his wife, Julie Nixon Eisenhower. Nassau County Executive Edward P. Mangano dedicated a statue of Dwight D. Eisenhower in a ceremony at Eisenhower Park on Sunday, October 13th, 2013. “It gives me great pleasure to rededicate Eisenhower Park with a statue of our 34th President, Dwight D. Eisenhower,” said County Executive Mangano. “The ideals and outlook on the future that Eisenhower projected through all of his actions are as relevant today as they were when he was serving as our President in Washington.”
|The Nassau County Aquatic Center is one of the finest indoor swimming facilities in the U.S., playing host to County residents as well as competitive events featuring some of the worlds top swimmers.|
- There is one full-court basketball court, outfitted with new fiberglass backboards, located on the Hempstead Turnpike
side of the park.
- The park’s world-class Nassau County Aquatic Center includes a fitness center (Leisure Pass and fee required).
- In addition, the park has an illuminated driving range; call 572-0336.
|The youngesters enjoys the climing apparatus at the newly renovated main playground area.|
- An 18-hole Miniature Golf Course near the Nassau County Aquatic Center is a popular attraction for children and families. The course, which has been named "Best of Long Island" by News 12 Long Island, features two 18-hole courses (“Orange” and “Blue”) with terraced landscaping that incorporates a waterfall, small ponds, flower beds and a number of challenging holes.
Fees: Leisure Pass holders, $10 for those 13 years of age and older, $7 for seniors with Leisure Pass; $7 for all children (under 13 years of age), $15 non-Leisure pass holdersThere is a Batting Cage with nine separate batting areas offering varying pitching speeds for baseball or a softball option. Baseball speeds as follows: fast, 80-85 mph; medium, 60-65 mph; and slow, 40-45 mph.
Fees: $7 for 25 pitches for Leisure Pass holders; $9 for non-Leisure Pass holders.
Eisenhower Park Batting Cages and Mini gold are closed for the season
Open May through Mid-October In the event of rain, please call to ensure that they are open. Information: 516-572-0407
- There are three playground areas with a range activities
There are reserved picnic areas (Leisure Pass and fee required; call 572-0347) and non-reserved areas. See more information below under "News & Events."
- The Children’s Safety Town summer program has made some changes. The morning and afternoon program MUST BE SCHEDULED IN ADVANCE and is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. If interested in having your Nassau County third grader participate in the program you will need to call 516 573-3190. The program runs from July through August, Monday through Friday.
- Built in 1998 for the Goodwill Games, the Nassau County Aquatic Center at Eisenhower Park is one of the finest swimming facilities in the U.S. It regularly hosts major swimming competitions and is also open to the public (Leisure Pass and fee required). The center offers a full menu of swimming lessons for toddlers, youngsters and teens. The Center includes a “stretch” 50-meter pool that is 68 meters long, with three movable bulkheads. There is also a 25-meter diving well with competition diving towers, platforms and springboards. In addition, there is a beautifully renovated fitness center, located above the pool (Leisure Pass and fee required). Call 572-0501 for information.
The annual Forth of July celebrations at harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre.
- The Harry Chapin Lakeside Theatre is an outdoor theater that hosts a full schedule of entertainment events during the summer, from concerts to movies.
- Summer Concert Schedule.
- The large and beautiful Veterans Memorial and Wall of Honorcommemorates the contributions of the nation’s veterans in various branches of service.
- On September 9, 2007, the County unveiled the 9/11 Memorial honoring the 344 Nassau County residents who lost their lives during the September 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Center. The monument, one of the largest completed memorials to the victims of the 9/11 attacks, is located by Eisenhower Park Lake, near Lakeside Theatre. The monument includes twostainless-steel towers set in a fountain as well as two steel girders recovered from the World Trade Center; plaques memorialize the names of County residents who lost their lives (see story below).
- There are two memorials to Nassau County firefighters who have died in the line of duty, including one dedicated to those county firefighters who lost their lives during the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The memorials are located by the Veterans Memorial near Park Boulevard.
- In the gaming area next to the playground, there is a bocci court and tables with inlaid chess and checker boards. A shelter with benches and tables is also available for those who wish to play cards and other similar games.
- The Mid Island Dahlia Society operates in the park between June and October every Sunday from 9-11 am, in the area just behind the Parks Department Administration Building near the Hempstead Turnpike entrance to the park.
Dining:Eisenhower is home to Carltun on the Park restaurant, a privately run facility operated in a former country club. The Carltun offers a restaurant, bar, banquet facilities and a meeting room. The restaurant has played host to numerous events, including a fundraiser in 2004 for President George W. Bush. Call 542-0700 for information.
Camps, daycare centers, church groups, etc. have additional requirements for pool visits. Click on the link below for more information:
Directions:Take Meadowbrook Parkway North to Exit M3 East/Stewart Avenue. Make a right onto Stewart Avenue and take this until you reach the park.OrTake Meadowbrook Parkway South to Exit M3/Stewart Avenue. Make a left onto Stewart Avenue and take this until you reach the park.