1625 Broadway (entrance on Sheridan Ave.) Hewlett, NY 11557 516-571-7821
GRANT PARK, PART OF THE NASSAU COUNTY PARK system since 1955, is located in the southwest part of the county, offering a complete recreational and sports complex on 35 acres in Hewlett, Long Island.
- Three basketball courts;
- Four tennis courts;
- Four handball/paddleball courts;
- Athletic fields include three baseball and softball fields, convertible for Little League and girls softball (permit required).
- Paths for jogging, bicycling and for strolling
- Workout stations including rowing and step climbing
- Fishing in the lake
- Ice skating during winter months, weather permitting. See flyer on this page.
- A modern playground area is designed with areas for three separate age groups: pre-schoolers, 4-to-8 year olds and 9-to-12 year olds. There is also a spray-pool area.
- One unreserved and two reserved picnic areas include barbecue equipment. Leisure Pass and fee required for reserved areas; reserve in person beginning April 4, 2022.
Children enjoy the spray pool at Grant Park.
Outdoor ice rinks available for public skating sessions from November to March.
- The lake at Grant Park is open for fishing; visitors can also take a pleasant walk or jog around the lake, on a concrete path.
To reach Grant Park, take the Southern State Parkway to Exit 19 South (Peninsula Boulevard). Continue down Peninsula Boulevard for approximately 5 miles, through Rockville Centre and Lynbrook (approximately 1 mile past Sunrise Highway) to Rockaway Avenue (sign says Grant Park left). Make a left turn onto Rockaway Avenue and follow the road around to the traffic light on Broadway. Go past that light onto Sheridan Avenue. Park entrance will be on the right just past the police station.